RE: More fan mounting questions

To: "'R. Ashford Little II'" <70TR6@mindspring.com>,
Subject: RE: More fan mounting questions
From: "Rick & Lori O" <trinitygadget@alltel.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 07:27:51 -0400
Ashford,

Here's what I did.  First, make sure the bottom of the fan housing rests on
the upper edge of the lower rad tank.  Zip-tie the lower fan "dog leg"
brackets through the lower rad support brackets.  On the upper mounts, use 3
of the very long zip ties from one of the dog legs to the other over the
FRONT of the rad.  It works and the ties are largely invisible.  And if your
fit is as tight as mine, the back of the fan motor will be very close to the
engine cross brace.  I wedged a small piece of dense foam rubber between
those 2 parts to force the fan even tighter to the rad.

Rick O.