Triple carb help

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Triple carb help
From: DaCRANEz@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 23:58:15 EDT
I think I have gotten in way over my head. I installed a Goodparts triple
carb set-up. Bought a used carb and rebuilt it (diaphragm, needle, gaskets,
Grose
jet, shaft seals, etc.) Installed unit and at first all seemed well.Then It
started a regular miss that I could not tune out. By pulling plug wires I found
that #3and 4 cylinders were not firing. Checked for spark-plenty of that.
Seems no fuel is being drawn through jet on middle carb (used rebuilt) Float
bowl
is full. Carb acts like a huge vacuum leak. Putting my hand over it makes
engine speed up. I have checked for any and all other vacuum leaks, changed
spark
plugs, removed pertronix and installed new points,cap and rotor, reset
timing, checked float level, checked compression-180 psi, checked valve
action-all
bobbing up and as they should. New sealing caps on vacuum ports . Bypass valves
closed. Only thing not replaced on carb is temp compensator. Engine now has
gone from steady miss to speed up-slow down mode-running only on 1,2 5,and 6
cylinders. The more I check the worse it gets. Anybody with a triple set-up
have
similar problems? Anybody with a fresh idea. Help!
Mike C '71 TR6