RE: Ignition Idiot Light

To: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>,
Subject: RE: Ignition Idiot Light
From: Todd Bermudez <red_tr250@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 10:06:21 -0700 (PDT)
Jerry,

Be sure to take it to a "trusted" auto electric shop.
I took my alternator to Autozone.  They had the
adapter to test it.  Of course they looked at each
other when I told them what kinda car it was.  They
kept testing it & kept pointing at the little light
that said BAD DIODE & said would you like to buy a new
alternator?  I didn't believe 'em & put it on the
car...works fine.  Greg Donegan & I had swapped some
bearings on 2 of my alternators...we had to change
stators as well.  I just wanted to test it before I
put it on the car.  You can also try new
brushes...they're 2.35 from moss & very easy to
install...of course moss requires a 10.00 minimum
order.  nfi

Good luck,

Todd
CD198L