Re: Center idiot light

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Center idiot light
From: "glc/crc@13 Fairway" <glccrc@ptd.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 05:43:51 -0400
Speaking of idiot lights, the 70 TR6 I just bought puzzles me a bit:
In the manual, the ignition key slot is located in the center of the dash;
but mine is directly below the steering wheel.
The elec OD toggle switch is located where the key slot was suppposed to be,
with a red indicator light on either side of it. The left light is lit when
I drive, and I have yet to understand what it means. The right side light is
to illuminate when OD is turned on, but I haven't tried it yet. Understand
that when driving a 35 yr old car for te first time on a 20 mile drive home,
less variables are far better- it ran without it, so I didn't want to
introduce another potential for "voyage interuptus" on the Jersey Turnpike !

I'm hoping a new master cylinder will be on the car by this weekend and the
weather holds out, so we can join the Central PA club on their fun run this
weekend. Imagine we'll learn a lot about the car from other while there.

I enjoy the performance of the car with its crane cam, headers, piranha
igntion, and trip webers, I'm sure it will be an interesting dscovery period
until "standard" settings for things are determined for the nonstock items.
The PO had done a lot to the car, even a shutoff switch for the fuel pump
mounted on the dash. I'm assuming from what I know of the car's history, it
probably has't been tuned for 5 years, so significant improvement should
only be a few tweaks away. I've put about 350 miles on it since purchase on
7/9/05.

George Church
70 TR6 CL50051