Re: Simple overdrive question--hopefully!!

To: "Campsmith, Michael" <mgc4@cdc.gov>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Simple overdrive question--hopefully!!
From: "Robert McBride" <rmcbride@twmi.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 11:26:09 -0400
As always my advice may not be correct but it's what I do...  My 76 has
factory OD, with the switch up OD disengaged down engaged... I have OD in 3
and 4th only... I wish I had it in 2nd also...Around town I use 1-2-3 and OD
switching the OD on at 2500RPM or just leaving it on and letting it switch
when it wants to but most of the time that is sooner than I want it to..  On
the road I use 4th and OD switching it on at 3000RPM and I get about 70MPH
at around 2400 RPM...Bob