Re: Miata Seats in a TR6

To: <jfarris@troy.edu>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Miata Seats in a TR6
From: emanteno@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 22:08:00 +0000
> We're friends with an owner of a stripping yard that can
> provide some inexpensively. What are the problems and
> pitfalls?

I have found this to be a very worthwhile upgrade. The seats are very
comfortable, and the cloth is great to sit on, especially when wearing shorts.
;-)
I have seen 3 different mounting schemes so far:
1) re-drill holes in the floor to use the Miata rails,
2) make up brackets to adapt the Miata rails to the existing holes,
3) make up brackets to adapt the seats to the TR6 rails.
My friend designed a set of brackets that allows the use of the TRiumph seat
rails, and original mounting holes. I borrowed his design and did the same in
my car. With this set up, you do sit a little higher than the stock seats.
There are times that if I am the first car at a stop light, and the light is an
overhead style instead of post mounted, the top rail of the windshield
sometimes blocks it from view. Also, my tonneau will not fit over the high seat
backs. IMHO, these are relatively small complaints, and in no way reduce my
happiness with the new seats. And I haven't even hooked up the headrest
speakers yet.
Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U
Highland Park, IL