trunk light (2)

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: trunk light (2)
From: SamuelsMA@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 22:24:17 EDT
Thanks to Todd and Stan for their quick explanation that the trunk light
only works on a '76 when the headlights are on.  HUH???

I checked the car, and they are certainly correct.  Now, I use my  headlights
only when I am driving at night.  I use my trunk light when I am  parked,
often when the car isn't even running, and I need to check what I left  in the
trunk.  These are mutually exclusive situations as far as I can  tell.  What
were they thinking...?  I had forgotten just how  "charming" Triumphs can be
since I sold my '70.

Anyway, does anyone have a suggestion for a wire which is unswitched and  can
supply power to that area of the trunk?  I would love to convert the  trunk
light over to a standard arrangement in which it illuminates whenever I  open
the lid.

Michael
'76 Tahiti Blue