It's baaa-aaack!

To: "6-Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: It's baaa-aaack!
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 10:23:41 -0700
        Folks:

        Well, my miss is back, after about 2 days of trouble free
driving. (Whimper, Whimper!) It would seem that fresh plugs only masked
my problem. #@$#%#@$$!!!! It started when I pulled out of the drive way
yesterday, and got worse at every light until it was as bad as it ever
was. <moan>
        I picked up a set of plugs from my LBC mechanic, thinking I will
use what he uses, but stopped short of putting them in last night after
I pulled my fresh set out of the car. Very interesting - all the plugs
look waaaaay lean. I don't understand how my last set could look perfect
when they were removed - cardboard color - and then a fresh set can look
so lean. Perhaps not enough miles on them?
        The "bad" set of plugs turned tan after just a few miles. The
latest set have at least as many miles on them as my previous set when I
read them. If they are in fact way lean, that might explain my miss; Too
lean a mixture can be difficult to ignite although I have had no
knocking or other symptoms of being lean. I will need to run the lift
the slide test and see if it also says that my car is now too lean.
Bizarre.
        I am almost to the point where I am ready to call in an
exorcist. The 6 hasn't started spinning in circles or puking up split
pea soup, but it's imminent I am certain.

        Any of you Catholics out there - can you point me to a good
priest?

        Vance