RE: overheating

To: "Harry Hart" <hhart2404@charter.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: overheating
From: "Mark Hooper" <mhooper@digiscreen.ca>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 15:51:26 -0400
Hi Harry:

"The store claimed there was blockage". I assume you meant to type there was no
blockage. Are you sure that you do not have a head gasket leak? Does coolant
get pushed out of the rad via the cap fairly soon after startup, or does this
occur only after the overheat temperature is reached? The TR6 is great at
getting a bubble in the water pump if there is a head gasket leak. It then
stops circulating the coolant and the overheat starts. At that point the car
boils the coolant and the steam pushes it out of the engine. The vaporizing of
the coolant then becomes the primary heat removal mechanism which holds the
temperature down for a while until the fluid is gone and then you really
overheat and seize.

Mark