Triple Strombergs

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Triple Strombergs
From: DaCRANEz@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 23:20:52 EDT
I installed a Goodparts triple Z-S set-up. I was getting quite frustrated as
I could not get it to run right. The center carb (a used unit that I totally
rebuilt) ran extremely lean and at idle the 3 and 4 cylinders were not getting
any fuel at all. I futzed with the float level, installed a richer needle, all
to no avail. Monday I took the top off the carb to check for any blockage
that I might have missed and was going to swap springs with the rear carb to
see
if that might make a difference. That's when I noticed that the jets were at
different levels in the carb bodies. The original carbs have the jets recessed
7/64 below the bridge. The carb I bought used had the jet flush with the
bridge. With the help of a friend and his press we lowered the jet 7/64. Now
the
performance is as I had hoped. With the PI cam it still has the idle qualities
of a washing machine full of boulders but it really rips once you get it revved
up. I am posting this in case there is some other poor soul out there
struggling with a similar dilemma. What a relief.
Mike C  '71 TR6