Re: TR6 Starter click, nothing

To: Alex Cherington <a_flying_scotsman@yahoo.com>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Starter click, nothing
From: Todd Bermudez <red_tr250@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 05:06:19 -0700 (PDT)
Alex,

Forgive me for the question, but why do you "know"
it's not the battery?  Sounds like it to me.

OK, let's assume it's not & you've cleaned all the
connections at the battery.  Have you tried to use a
screwdriver at starter?  I suppose it could be some
corrosion in the starter.  I recently had an episode
with a sunroof motor that wouldn't work.  My 740 Volvo
has been sitting in my driveway for some time(one of
the fleet).  Anyway, the sunroof motor wouldn't
work....well it opened then it wouldn't close.  I
started sweating.  Never fear, enter the BAHammer.
Couple of wacks & it's working fine.  Might wanna give
that a try.

My 2 Cents,

Todd Bermudez
CD198L