RE: Front brake (area) 'clicks' when braking

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Front brake (area) 'clicks' when braking
From: Ryan van Luchene <Ryan.van.Luchene@celeradiagnostics.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 16:09:10 -0700
James,

Do you have the original steel wheels with trim rings installed on them?
I used to hear a clicking when I would take corners - I took the trim
rings off, and no more clicking!
It's possible your wheels are flexing under hard braking causing the trim
rings to make some noise.

Ryan

James wrote:
brake (area) 'clicks' when braking
hmmm...
i have noticed a strange CLICK when braking. comes from the front
drivers (left side) wheel and only if the brakes are applied hard, like
during a full stop as opposed to slowing on a hill.
i haven't looked yet, but the click may be the brake pads shifting or
the dreaded caliper. i rebuilt the calipers (FYI) years and years ago.
hmmm...any thoughts?
Thanks!
james