Gunst Bearing- square block orientation?

To: 6Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gunst Bearing- square block orientation?
From: ronald weber <rmweber_99@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 18:25:59 -0700 (PDT)
Hello all,
I'm in the middle of installing a Gunst T/O bearing (and getting grease on my
keyboard) and came across a slight problem. The two small square blocks that
mount on the fork pins and ride in the T/O groove seem to fit into the groove
regardless of orientation--contrary to the instructions that state they only go
in one way. The one direction they are snug (about 0.001" clearance) but still
slide and in the other direction they are quite loose (maybe about
0.016"-0.018" play). Each block has a small red dot on one of the four sides.
Play is minimized when the dot is visible in the groove (non-marked sides
against the groove walls).

So this poses the question: is the block supposed to have play or is a tight
sliding fit correct? My instinct is to install them with the tighter fit and
put some of the included "bear grease" on the groove but I thought I'd pose the
question to the group.  Ideas?

As always, thanks for your help!

Ron W.