make your own redline tires

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: make your own redline tires
From: Jim Jones <jimjcmo@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 09:34:42 -0700 (PDT)

I have Pirelli P6's on my car and they work really well, but I really like the
look of redline tires. I decided to do a bit of Googling to look for options
besides buying new tires.  What I found was an article on the Classical Pontiac
website.  http://www.classicalpontiac.com/restoration/8.html

It describes how to apply a redline to an existing tire using red upholstery
dye paint. While I'm not sure I would use the exactly same method he describes
for masking the tires, it seems very workable. Thought you all might want to
see this.

Jim