TR6 Frame Crossmember

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Frame Crossmember
From: "Tomislav Marincic" <tomislav.marincic@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 21:58:10 -0400
Hello,

I have a '71 TR6 that is undergoing a frame-off restoration. To make a long
story short, I'm using a "late" TR6 frame as a donor. I just discovered that
Triumph used 4 different frame crosstubes on these cars, according to the TRF
catalog. Does anyone know what the differences are? Should I use the "early"
crosstube to fit my body/radiator/??? or the "late" one I have on the shelf? Do
the late cars have other things attached to the crossmembers? I plan to go
compare them side-by-side tomorrow, but with the body off, it's hard to picture
everything.

Thanks, Tom
CC55483L, once and future Damson