Alignment

To: 6pack List <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Alignment
From: Kendall Larsen <mailkendall@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 22:57:40 -0700 (PDT)
Hey List,

Thanks to Aaron, Don, and James for helping me figure out if my trunnions
needed replacing or not. I left them intact, because I couldn't detect any sort
of wear. (still have a replacement set -- anyone need new trunnions?) The rest
of the front suspension rebuild went off with out too much fuss. The front
sway-bar attachment bolts were probably the worst part...

Anyway now that I've got the front end together with new poly bushings and
Goodparts springs my front end alignment is all wonky. I tried to eyeball the
steering rack to ball joint connection --- apparently without too much success
since I left little wisps of rubber from both front tires on the drive way.
Also the steering was very light, and it felt like it would be happier turning
than going straight. As if the car were on tippy toes if that makes any sense
at all!?

Do alignment shops still know what to do with our cars? I don't really have a
flat piece of concrete to figure out what's wrong with my alignment now so I'm
thinking of letting a pro 'handle' this one. What sort of price range do you
think it will run to have an alignment done? Anyone know of a good place to
have this done in the Orange County area?

Thanks for any tips you guys can pass along!

Kendall
San Clemente, CA