Re: Fuel Tank Cleaning & Coating - Opinions?

To: Bruce Simms <brucesimms2003@yahoo.ca>, 6Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel Tank Cleaning & Coating - Opinions?
From: ronald weber <rmweber_99@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 18:03:47 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Bruce,

I have another option for you.

When I bought my TR6 a little over a year ago, the previous owner indicated
that a few years earlier he took the fuel tank to a guy at our regional airport
( I believe it was the FBO) who repairs & coats fuel tanks for private planes.
His logic is that if it works in planes, it has to be good - I can't fault him
for that logic. The tank was washed, repaired, etched and then coated inside
and out. It looks like a rubbery plastic-type coating that is as tough as
nails. I'm not sure when he had it done but it still looks new inside and out.
It may be worth a call to your local airport or some snooping in the yellow
pages to find someone.

I hope this helps. Since I'm in the process of a frame up resto, I can snap an
image of it and email it to you if you'd like. Just let me know.

Regards,

Ron Weber

71TR6