Re DOOR crash pads

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re DOOR crash pads
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 18:34:47 -0700
John---This is one of those jobs that can take a while the first time
one does it. I found it better to not use a cement that bonds too
quickly, as adjustments are necessary to position the pad for and aft,
along with not losing the door panel clips, etc. I no longer have the
aerosol can of cement, but I sure it was the slower drying kind used to
secure upholstery and such.
Once in position, I blocked it into place by using a length of 2"x 2"
and some shims across from the other door. The next day it was dry
enough to use the finger pull feature.

Dick

John wrote:
Subject: DOOR crash pads

Well I do have the later style, everyone said to use the best glue. Is
Gorilla Glue the best, I thought they used that 3m spray adhesive but I
guess not. John