Re: Clutch stuck update

To: im sloane <im_sloane@hotmail.com>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Clutch stuck update
From: Greg Perry <rgperry@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 23:10:15 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
-----Forwarded Message-----
From: Greg Perry <rgperry@earthlink.net>
Sent: Sep 23, 2005 11:00 PM
To: im sloane <im_sloane@hotmail.com>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Clutch stuck

Sloane,

-----Original Message-----
From: im sloane <im_sloane@hotmail.com>
Sent: Sep 23, 2005 8:11 PM
To: t
Subject: Clutch stuck

Anybody have a neat trick to free a stuck clutch?

.....   I have always just put the transmission in reverse or first gear
depending on which direction was clear for traveling and started the warmed up
engine with the clutch pedal depressed. The car will jerk and take off until
the clutch disengages. So make you have enough room and are ready to avoid any
obstacles!  If the clutch is still frozen, then try again in fourth gear.

....  UPDATE ......  I forgot to mention that one should have the parking brake
on while depressing the brake pedal and clutch pedal at the same time before
cranking the engine.

Thanks for any advice,
Sloane :)
'69-6