Foggy gauges

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Foggy gauges
From: "John VanNorman" <jvannorman@wowway.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 07:56:39 -0500
Question for the list.  Whenever it is humid, the fuel, temperature, voltmeter,
and oil pressure gauges on my TR6 all
fog up.  So much so that after it dries out you can see traces of where the
moisture was on the glass.  Here in Ohio we
are getting into the humid/warm during the day - cool in the night weather
pattern, so it is happening even more when I
take her out at night.  In fact, taking the car for a spin yesterday evening, I
noticed that even the speedometer and
tachometer were fogging up (that's the first time that's happened).

So here is my question.  Is there some sort of seal on all the gauges that
could be bad?  Is this just something that
you have to live with with our cars?  I am planning on taking the dash apart
this winter to replace/redo the wood dash.
Is there anything I can do then to fix the problem?  Any suggestions?

John VanNorman
74 1/2 TR6