16" Tires

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: 16" Tires
From: "Rick" <patton@suscom-maine.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 19:56:02 -0400
Hello All,

My car runs so well now, that those bald egg shaped tires get on my nerves
when the steering wheel vibration goes from a familiar hum to "Yikes" at
highway speed. Yesterday I ordered a set of 16" wheels but am now wondering
what tire to choose. The old tires are Yokahama Avid P205/65/15's. Looks
like the new 16's could be 205, 215, or 225/55/16. Moss published a Tire
Size article in British Motoring and called for 205/60/16. There are many
more performance choices in the 55 profiles than the 60 series that are
often "All Season" or "Mud and Snow" fitted to a Dodge caravan.

I'm wondering what 16" tires others are running? Aaron did a tire survey a
while back but the responses only listed 15" tires. Are there clearance
issues with the wider tires? What about wider tires on the rear?

save me from mini van tires-

Rick Patton
75 Delft Blue now supercharged EFI TR6
http://topshamautoparts.com/tr6/schrgr.install18.jpg