RE: Conv top weatherseal

To: <jserignese@notes.cc.sunysb.edu>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Conv top weatherseal
From: "Chris Foster" <cfoster@eppcon.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 16:41:06 -0400
Although I have not done this on a TR6, I believe the Spitfire is very
similar and I have done that.

The top frame should have the matching holes (perhaps covered by a new
roof?) that align with the metal channel pieces.  The metal channel is
simply riveted to the top frame through these holes; there should not be
a need to drill any new holes.

The real piece of advice I can give is WD40.  Once the channel is
attached to the frame and you are ready to slide the rubber into place,
spray a good dose of WD40 into the channel (use the red straw that comes
with WD40 - it works very well to prevent the stuff from getting all
over the car).  Now with the channel well lubed, the rubber should slide
into place nicely, and after a good rain, most of the excess grease will
wash away!

Good luck!
c.
'76 TR6 - CF53954U