Re: Urethane vs solid steering rack mounts.

To: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>, 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Urethane vs solid steering rack mounts.
From: ronald weber <rmweber_99@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 09:30:26 -0700 (PDT)
Don,

When I installed my urethane mounts, I took two Quick-Grip clamps and flipped
the ends around so they would expand instead of clamp. I arranged one on the
front and one on the back side of the rack mount clamps and evenly spread them.
When I got to the point where I couldn't spread them any further, I tightened
the mount nuts. It seemed to snug things up quite nicely. One thing to note is
I did this while the engine was out and the body off the frame so there may be
space constraints if you try this with the engine in place.

The other alternative is to make/buy a mount clamp spreader like the one shown
in William's TR250/6 restoration book. I couldn't find it in the Moss catalog
and I can't recall if this is a tool offered by TRF.

Hope this helps!

Ron W

71TR6

Yahoo! for Good