Re: Transmission Questions

To: Cary Henry <caryhenry@hotmail.com>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Transmission Questions
From: "Jim S." <aztvr@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 14:13:57 -0700 (PDT)
Because my transmission's plug was so rounded over
(and stuck), I ended up welding a large nut onto the
head in order to get a good enough grip on it to
remove it with a socket and breaker bar.  If yours is
still square, there is a special wrench available with
a 7/16" square hole sold by someone that is on this
list. Much less likely to slip.

Jim Schlemm

--- Cary Henry <caryhenry@hotmail.com> wrote:

 I tried
to remove the fill plug,
 but to no avail.  The best fit seemed to be a 7/16
wrench but it kept
slipping because the plug is in there so tight.
 Does anyone have any ideas
on removing the plug before I just drill it out?