Brake Upgrade - TR6

To: "Triumph 6 Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brake Upgrade - TR6
From: "Andy Schwarz" <aschwarz11@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 18:36:29 -0700
I just received, from the 6 Pack store, and have been reading Roger Williams
book 'How to Improve Triumph TR5, 250 & 6'.  Has anyone done the upgrade to
1979 -83 Toyota front brake calipers to improve braking of their TR6?
Results?  Apparently, they bolt right up.  Also what would be used for brake
hoses(especially braided SS)?  Is there a thread compatabilty issue for the
hose fittings?

A local auto parts store sells new(probably rebuilt) calipers for about $60
each.  Unfortunately, there is also a $60 core charge.  I haven't checked junk
yards yet.  I thought it best to get input from the List first.  Thanks.

Andy
70 TR6
Renton, WA