Transmission/clutch work

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Transmission/clutch work
From: "Bruce Moxon" <bamxn@triad.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 14:33:27 -0400
First time removing transmission to replace the throwout bearing and try to
eliminate (minimize) the leaks. The obvious seepage is coming from the front
seal and selector shafts. Have a couple of questions:
1) any precautions/recommendations for removing the top cover to replace the
shaft seals? Welch plug?
2) the paper gaskets from TRF seem kind of flimsey. That's it?
3) what kind of gasket sealant should I use?
4) should I use antisieze compund on the throw bearing and sleeve for
lubrication?