Re: Brake Fluid flip/flop

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake Fluid flip/flop
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 12:16:17 -0800
 Sloane---Take another look at the can. It might be the Valvoline
"SynPower" blend (that I have used for years) and as such it is not the
synthetic type. Rather, it is the
DOT-4 with a high boiling point. It has no color identity.
It wouldn't hurt to bleed it out if it is very dirty, but a complete
flushing may not be necessary. It mostly depends on what it truly is and
whether you intend on using the glycol or synthetic.

It seems to be a coin flip as to which type of fluid is better, the DOT
5 or DOT 4.

Dick

From: im_sloane@hotmail.com(im sloane)
 Fluid flip/flop
Hi all,
Working on brother's new project 73-Six. Question about brake fluid.
It's real dirty and needs bleeding, so seems like a good time for a
change. Car came the the usual box of 'stuff' which included a can of
Synthetic (valvolene I think) brake fluid. Not sure if PDO changed to
synthetic, or if can came with car from PPDO. I can call PDO to inquire,
but was curious. Can harm be done changing back to regular Castrol LMA,
or would experts recommend staying with synthetic if already converted?
thanks,
Sloane :)
'69-Six CC26455L