RE: Forgive me

To: "R. Ashford Little II" <70TR6@mindspring.com>,
Subject: RE: Forgive me
From: "Shawn J. Loseke" <sloseke@holly.colostate.edu>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 07:36:31 -0700
>===== Original Message From "Terry Geiger" <tgeiger@shoalsbritishcars.org>
=====
>That's ok, I've always admired the 911. A friend of mine owns a TR6 and an
>older 911 as well. I asked him one day which he preferred to drive and he
>surprised me by saying: "When everything is right with the TR6, I prefer to
>drive it."  The glaring problem with that statement; just how often is
>"everything right" with the TR6 :^)

About seven years ago at an open track day I had a driving instructor riding
along with me in my TR6. He was a 22 year Porsche driving instructor veteran
and asked to ride with me as he was looking at picking up a TR6. This was when
my engine was still stock (130,000 miles actually) but the suspension was all
new "fast road" stuff with fairly sticky DOT legal tires. We found that the
driving line that worked the best for me and my suspension set up was the same
line he suggested for 911's. He now owns a TR6 as well as his collection of
Porsche's.

Shawn J. Loseke
Fort Collins, CO
http://www.triumphowners.com/79   (1972 TR6)