Steering arm bolts

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Steering arm bolts
From: "Robert Breazeale" <RobertBreazeale@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2005 15:30:30 -0800
I'm rebuilding the front end of my 250.  The suspension parts were seriously
warn.  It seems that with the wear, the stress point was passed to the
steering arm (also called the tie rod lever).  The two bolts attaching this
arm are visibly bent.  Neither Moss or TRF has them in their catalogs.  Does
anyone know of a source?  Or would I be okay going to the local hardware store
and getting grade-8 bolts if I can find the right diameter?

Thanks.

Robert Breazeale
Folsom, California
'68 TR250 CD1553L