Alternator connection help needed

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Alternator connection help needed
From: Mickylong@aol.com
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2005 12:36:59 EST
Need help from those less electrically challenged:  Instead of doing  it the
easy way (using a GM alternator with lots of useful advice here and on  the
6-pack site) I decided to try to upgrade to a non-GM alternator purchased  last
year on eBay AND change out the wiring harness at the same time. So here's
the puzzle:

Alternator connections:
A 3-connector socket w/two large and one smaller spade connector  (small
labeled D+ and , one large labeled B+); a single connector  socket labeled +
and
an unlabeled Insulated screw connector

Wiring
Large Brown & White; Small Brown & White; Brown; White; Brown  & Yellow
(2-wire);Brown & Yellow (single)

Hmmm...5 connecting points and six wires and nothing I could find in Dan
Master's book to address this.  Do I perhaps have an incompatible  alternator?
Or are one or more of these wires intended for connection  to coil or somewhere
other than alternator?

Any suggestions? (it's OK to say "Just buy the right %&@# alternator"  )

Micky  Long
Atlanta