John Macartney

To: standardtriumph@btinternet.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: John Macartney
From: Jim Jones <jimjcmo@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 14:45:53 -0800 (PST)
Listers:

  I view of the recent passing of Don Malling, a pillar of this list, I thought
it might interest you to know that John Macartney has had a "spot of troubles"
himself. John is fountain of information and wisdom of Triumph history. His
father was a long time S-T executive. John has written books about the history
of Standard-Triumph. You might remember from a recent email string about Kuohmo
tires that he made passing mention of having suffered a stroke. Here's an email
I received from him that I'm sharing with his permission. Thought you might
want to know about it. Let's all be thankful this season for not only what we
have, but also for who we have.

  Jim

  John Macartney <standardtriumph@btinternet.com> wrote:
        Hi, Jim

  Many thanks for your kind thoughts and words. The stroke could have been
worse when it first occurred and I was in hospital for just over a month. Been
home a few weeks now but have had two more minor strokes since then - the last
one being yesterday. Most of my right side is now NLA or NLS and my head is in
an odd position. Otherwise I'm fine and making life hell for everyone as I try
to recover - as I surely will!

  Happy holidays

  John