Synthetic lubes = HP

To: "Bill & Skip Pugh" <anabil007@comcast.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Synthetic lubes = HP
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 10:40:18 -0800
        Bill:

        I would add that my hero, David Vizard, says that the synthetic
lubes are
good for extra horsepower due to reduced friction. Reason enough to
use it if you are into performance at all.
        In a small block V8, they are good for 2-3% more HP, in our
motors about
the same(?). Say 3% more HP. Add a K&N air filter (good for 2% more
power)
and that is 5% without breaking a seal on the motor.
        Let's see... 5% more is.. uh... multiply by 5 and divide by one
hundred..
No, wait. That's multiply by 100 and divide by 5... crap.
        Well, its *LOTS* more that's for sure.

        zoom, zoom.

        Vance