Intake manifold painting

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Intake manifold painting
From: michael lunsford <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 05:28:30 -0800 (PST)
Jim Hennigson asked about paint for the intake manifold.

  I just bead blasted mine and painted it with a high temp
polyurethane clear and it looks just like it did when I put it on the
motor.  The intake manifold is probably the coolest thing that is
actually attached to the motor so the high temp clear (or whatever)
should work just fine.  As Al suggested you could also just sand and
buff it to a nice silver color however I still think you would need to
put some high temp clear on it to keep it shiny.  Of course if you can
powdercoat it that would be the most durable way to go.

  Mike Lunsford, 1970 TR 6