Re: Lang Runner Up for NER Stirling Moss Runoff

To: gene.x.hart@jpmchase.com
Subject: Re: Lang Runner Up for NER Stirling Moss Runoff
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 17:16:11 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 gene.x.hart@jpmchase.com wrote:

> Great to read this,
>
> Hey send out the schedule of events ( your events) to the list for 06 ,
> Maybe some of us newbees would like to come up and see ya drive in
> circles...hopefull at a high rate of speed.

At the present time, I don't drive in circles at Lime Rock...

I'm an autocrosser...

BUT - rumor has it that the Dare to Be British event will be at Lime Rock
(again) the weekend around June 1st (as usual for the last number of years
(at least 10)) and there will be track time (high speed touring, not
racing) for folks and possibly track tours for others and an autocross.
There's also a VSCCA event for real race cars - OLD real race cars. $$$$$$
race cars, so it's a pretty kool event. I'm pretty sure the event is June
2-3 (note FRI/SAT) for 2006, but watch the usual news places. The event is
hosted by Brits of the Hudson, VSCCA, Jags of New England (J-A-N-E.org)
and others. The event is sometimes publicized in the British Marque. I
know this event is on the calendar now because one of the local Triumph
folks sent me the date info (presumably from the JANE site).

But this is a fun event for sure.

I usually have a conflict with this event, but I may make it this year.

Regarding my schedule of events, I'm very active with the New England
Region SCCA (NER/SCCA) and I'm on the Solo board and involved with event
setup and running the event, so I'll be pretty much at every NER event
this year. We mostly run at either Ft. Devens in Ayer, MA or at NHIS in
Loudon, NH, but this year we have tentative events in other venues
(notably Horseneck Beach in Westport, MA) and possibly one in RI. I also
try to get to some marque events (like Jags of New England and VTR) once
or twice a year.

For events closer to NY, look up the Fairfield County Sports Car Club
(FCSCC), The M club (www.themclub.com), SCCA MOHUD region and possibly
SCCA NNJR region. There's lots of solo action down that way. Also not too
far away in Philly, there's a ton of activity starting quite early in the
season - I think they start running in FEB at the Camden facility.

For road racing action, go to the tracks' web sites - Lime Rock and Summit
are the two closest tracks to you, but there's not too much British Car
action in SCCA anymore. If you want to see old brit cars, you need to
check out vintage action, but what you see depends a LOT on who puts on
the event. Right now, SVRA and VSCCA and a newcomer called VCDA put on
events like the old days. Lime Rock's vintage weekend has been taken over
by Steve Earle and there's not much Triumph action anymore (but lots of
neat exotic stuff)

> GH
>
> In Brooklyn, not too far from Lime Rock....
>

> Gene Hart

regards,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: xxx-xxx-xxxx