Clutch info - Moss Europe

To: jay_welch@juno.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Clutch info - Moss Europe
From: Greg Perry <rgperry@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 15:20:20 -0600 (GMT-06:00)
Jay,

The HK9665 Borg & Beck clutch kit is has the blue dot (high clamping force)
clutch cover.
The HK9649 kit is the yellow dot (standard clamping force) clutch cover.  I
installed the HK9665 B&B
Kit in my 72 TR6 carb model.  I did not notice any diference in clutch pedal
pressure between the original vs the replacement.  I also drive an old GMC farm
truck with a HD 12" clutch ( read: pull stumps out of the ground) for the 230
cid 6 cylinder engine also.

The following was a responce from British Parts Norhwest about the b&b clutch
kit they sell:

All of the HK9665 have the highest clamping pressure, they are the clutch kit
for the 150 PI 6-cylinder cars.  The HK9649? (sorry I'm not at work to double
check the number) is for the 105 and 125 PI cars and we do not carry that kit.
If you need any other information let us know, have a good week.

British Parts Northwest
www.bpnorthwest.com

FWIW,

Greg Perry