RE: triple strombergs

To: Lizirbydavis@cs.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: triple strombergs
From: "Richard Seaton" <rsh17@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 20:29:48 -0600
Joe, I don't have any idea how my car preformed before the mods and haven't
driven a stock TR6 to compare to. So don't guess I can offer any real
answers to your questions, just my opinions.

My mods are- 9.5:1 compression, 16lbs flywheel, Piper 270 cam (probably very
similar to the GP2), MSD ignition, points, Lucas high voltage coil, 3 ZS
carbs.

Single exhaust manifold- I think this hurts performance the most, she needs
a header, but the price of stainless and Jet Hot Coating are holding me
back.

Personally I think the cam, 9.5:1 compression and the turning of the 22lbs
flywheel to 16 lbs are the best things to do.

Last on my list would be the triples and a header-My opinion that when
making it possible to suck more air, you need to make it possible to shoot
it out the tail pipe too. If being restricted by the tail pipe then it just
ain't gonna suck in more air and do that much good.

I'm sure more knowledgeable gear heads can tell you more.

One good thing it the car still delivers 26-27 mpg HWY in OD, about 19 city.

Don't forget the perceived performance gains when popping the bonnet as
that's important too!!! Triples perform best on  the Signal Red TR6's.

Richard Seaton
RSH17@msn.com
View My 1969 TR6 restoration @
(http://groups.msn.com/Richards69TR6Restoration)