Click from front when braking

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Click from front when braking
From: michael lunsford <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 07:22:24 -0700 (PDT)
I noticed that no one has mentioned one likely solution to the click from the
front when braking.  I suspect that the click is because the pad is not in
contact with the rotor before the brakes are applied, thus the click.  Normally
the pads are barely in contact with the rotor so you don't get any noise when
you apply the brakes.  There are two reasons I can think of for the pad not to
be in contact with the rotor.  One is that the wheel bearing is loose causing
the wheel to be slightly cocked which causes the pad to be pushed slightly back
into the caliper.  The second and most likely is a warped rotor.  The wobble of
the rotor tends to push the pad back into the caliper creating a gap between
the pad and rotor.  When the brakes are applied the pad regains contact with
the rotor and creates the click sound.

  Mike Lunsford

Blab-away for as little as 1"/min. Make  PC-to-Phone Calls using Yahoo!
Messenger with Voice.