RE: [TR] Baffling clutch issues

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Baffling clutch issues
From: "Foster, Stan" <stan.foster@hp.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 11:59:00 -0400
So it's the clutch not fully disengaging that is causing it and I'm
assuming that this started after the clutch etc was replaced and was
exacerbated with the master/slave rebuild so that may be actually be
good.

The most optimistic option is that the hydraulics are not fully bled
(bleed nipple at the top) or there some mechanical issue (wear,
incorrect installation of the slave (must go through the hole in the
plate) or the pushrod (center hole in the lever) ) that is limiting
travel.

The least optimistic is that the clutch plate is installed the wrong way
around or there is an issue with the release bearing although it sounds
like you have that under control.

Hopefully someone will have some diagnostic ideas that will help you pin
it down.

Stan