Empty Clutch Master Cylinder

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Empty Clutch Master Cylinder
From: "James Jerrel" <jmjerrel@email.dnet.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 19:01:29 -0500
Hello.  The other day I went to drive my 1970 TR6 and found it very diffcult to
shift.  It did not want to go into gear without a lot of effort and in reverse
it would grind.  This has never happened before as it has always shifted with
ease.  I eventually opened the clutch master cylinder and it was empty!  This
also has never happened before.  I did not see any fluid around the master
cylinder or on the inside of the engine bay.  There were some fluid leaks on
the mats I have under the car but I just assumed it was oil as my car has
always leaked oil here and there.  Now I am wondering if this was the fluid in
the master cylinder???  Can anyone give me an idea as to what may have occurred
and where the fluid from the clutch MC may have leaked out from?  Thanks.
Sent via the WebMail system at email.dnet.net