RE: Starter fails to engage after trannie install

To: "'John North'" <johncnorth@gmail.com>,
Subject: RE: Starter fails to engage after trannie install
From: "Robert Liam Gannon" <trsix74@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 08:45:05 -0500
John wrote:
You know, I feel really stupid right now, I had a friend with me and
was testing some more...   He says, heh the fan is turning, and indeed
it is.   So everything is working fine, but I took the spark plugs out
way back so I could turn the crank by hand and don't have them back
yet.   The motor is just spinning merrily along and whining because it
has no compression.

I think I'm going to buy a Pinto next, anyone care to help with that?
John North

John, it takes a Triumph owner to own up to something like what you did.
Years ago when I did my first rebuild and got everything back, I had
compression, it cranked over but would not start. My mother, who was
visiting from England at the time, came out to the garage and said, just out
of the blue, "It won't start because you don't have any petrol getting to
the carbs!". I hated it when she was right. She explained she could not
smell any petrol. Luckily my wife doesn't know a thing about cars!

Robert L. Gannon
http://home.comcast.net/~trsix74/wsb/index.html