Re: Fuel surge/hesitation

To: "tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)" <tr6taylor@webtv.net
Subject: Re: Fuel surge/hesitation
From: "Tomislav Marincic" <tomislav.marincic@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 21:32:29 -0500
>From the Moss Motors UK web site:

"The baffle is a simple construction of a large cylinder with fuel ways
pierced around its base. The open topped
cylinder is attached to the base of the tank around the fuel outlet union.
The principle is that the fuel ways allow
fuel into the cylinder at a rate and capacity sufficient to supply the
cars demands, but not so large as to allow
the fuel outlet union to be uncovered in the event of fuel surge due to
hard cornering or braking."

Notice they even mention braking. How long can you brake?

My TR250 would quit in a left turn with 1/4 tank or less, and in no other
situation. We can debate the theory and the hypotheticals, but I do believe
I've experienced this phenomenon first hand.

Cheers, Tom
CC55483L