RE: [6pack] Type of Plywood to make custom dash

To: "James_ TR6" <jattr6@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: [6pack] Type of Plywood to make custom dash
From: "Robert N. Clark" <rclark@robertsonclark.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 16:07:09 -0700
I agree with the Baltic birch idea.  You may even be able to find
smaller sheets at the local wood workers stores.   For a finish I would
seal it in epoxy (boat store, sand smooth and then finish with spar
varnish (good stuff from the boat store not the home store) I have used
this method on exterior door thresholds and deck trim in snowy and
marine environments and wood bathroom countertops with excellent
results.

Bob Clark

Quoting James_ TR6 <jattr6@hotmail.com>:

> Ok, my original dash is completely destroyed due to rain damage. i
> plan to order a dash from Prestige, but in the interim (6 months i
> hear) i want a good dash.
>
> what type of plywood do i need to get?
> any old type? any tips from folks that have done this?

>If it were me, I would try Baltic Birch.
>It is usually very high quality furniture grade plywood
>That machines well, no voids, consistent grain. Might even
>look good enough without a venier.

-grego