[6pack] Front Brake Calipers

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] Front Brake Calipers
From: "james mc arthur" <jrmcarthur@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 10:19:51 -0400
    Good Day to all........I am finally beginning to understand what is
meant by "shipwright's disease" and the frustration that ensues sometimes
when leaving well enough alone will work for the time being. I am finishing
up the front suspension rebuild (with the generous help of a local lister)
and thought that as long as the front end is apart, I'll rebuild the
calipers. I did not realize, until they were sitting side by side on the
bench, that I have different calipers on the front brakes! One is a type
"P", and the other is a type "PB" or "P8". Can someone tell me first, which
is the correct caliper for my car (1974 TR6/ CF17672U), and second, if this
is something I should be concerned about? What is the difference anyway? I'd
appreciate someone shedding some light on this one for me; as always, many
thanks in advance!.......Jim in York