[6pack] Switch Plinth

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] Switch Plinth
From: "Eric Henningsen" <ehenningsen@triad.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 19:44:31 -0400
I have a 1976 TR6 with the steering column lock style ignition switch. I would
like to reposition the ignition switch into the fourth position in the switch
plinth above the center console, which was the original position for early
models. I have the older style ignition switch, but only have the four hole
plinth correct for this year (the original and a replacement I installed
during restoration). I am wondering what the correct hole spacing is for a 5
hole plinth, i.e. can I just drill a new hole dead center in the four hole
plinth for the heater cable and enlarge the existing fourth hole to house the
ignition switch or are all the hole positions on a different centerline (5
hole vs. 4 hole). Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Eric
76 TR6 BRG