[6pack] Air preasure, not LBC

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] Air preasure, not LBC
From: Kevin McNelis <kmcnelis@nmsu.edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 17:17:17 -0600 (MDT)
I need help.  I narrowly dodged a bullet last week with my [insert
brag] BRAND NEW TOTOTA TRUCK-  you know, the Tundra, 5.7 liter, 6 speed
auto tranny, 15.5" rotors, 10,400 lbs tow rating....) [stop brag].

Anyway, when I got home, I used my air chuck with the in-line presure
gauge.  Aha! I thought-  the bastards made it ride smooth by only
putting 20 lbs of air in the tires!.  So, I aired 'em up to 35 rear, 32
front.

About a week later, I checked 'em with what I BELIEVE to be an accurate
gauge (not an in line, a Bernouli-tube type) and found 'em to be 62
rear, 59 front (in tires rated for 44 psi).

So then I bought another air chuck with an in-line gauge from a big-box
home center store (the blue one, not the orange one).  It runs about
6psi LOW!

So, to make a short story long (becasue it's too late to make a long
story short) ... does anyone make an air chuck with an  accurate
in-line presure gauge?  And, how do I know if the hand held one I have
is accurate?   Do I borrrow several from friends, and take an average?

HELP!

Kevin