[6pack] STARTER!

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] STARTER!
From: John Summers <rivers2hills@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 15:03:08 -0700 (PDT)
Ok.  Well!  What the heck and what can I say,,,,,,

Per several suggestions of wiser folk than myself, I
checked the connections at the battery and at the
starter.  Finally got around to it, I should say.
The nut attaching the cable from the battery to the
starter was not tight.
It has two washers on the underside and two on top and
two of those four were lock washers.  It took about
3/4 of a turn to firm it up.
During that turn a smaller wire also rotated downward
and I didn't want to get it too close to the other
connection just below the cable.
The smaller wire below with a spade connection became
detached during this, so I reattached it and in doing
so I believe I nearly severed the connection to the
starter.  That part looks like it is something easy to
buy (I hope) of even fabricate.  I need a new cable
from the battery to the starter as the insulation is
badly cracked in places.
I'll have to look at "the catalogs" that we all get
for those parts.
But, after twisting the nuts on these connections the
good news is that the car fired right up.
Such a simple thing.
I remember now when I first got the car back in '98.
The connection that I think I nearly severed must have
been in worse shape because a good old boy mechanic in
West Virginia welded a connection there.

Anyway, thanks for suggesting checking those points to
those who suggested.  You were correct!

John Summers
'74,,,,,TR6

Building a website is a piece of cake. Yahoo! Small Business gives you all the
tools to get online.