[6pack] VTR Response, Part 3 of 3 - The Grand Unification Theory

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] VTR Response, Part 3 of 3 - The Grand Unification Theory
From: "Blake J. Discher" <bdischer@blakedischer.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 08:28:50 -0400
OK, this is Part 3 of 3.  The letter in it's entirety, didn't come through,
maybe too large.  The danger is that any of these three posts, if not read
together, can likely be taken out of context.

--------------

(CONTINUED FROM PART 2)

No merger, no takeover, nothing of the sort.  We're NOT looking to expand
our membership, or benefit monetarily.  Sheesh, we haven't even made any
proposals to the independent model clubs yet... how can these people be
spouting off about such inane sorts of things when there is NOTHING on the
table as of yet?  It's going to be a slow, well thought out process,
hopefully with input from yourself and representatives from each of the
single model clubs.  I look forward to establishing a dialogue with you if
you are willing.  You and I had a good preliminary conversation at Battle of
the Brits two years ago, let's continue in that spirit.  VTR is not the
enemy.  Dialogue is the best tool you and I can utilize to put these sorts
of issues to rest.

Nothing in this email is confidential in nature, please feel free to quote
from it if you feel it would be appropriate or helpful in shedding some
light on this situation within the NASS membership.  I've copied this email
to the NASS members of the NATC2008 planning committee so they know the
official VTR position on this matter.  (BTW, I'm not sure if you know it
already, but Sue Snyder's GT6 was awarded Best of Show in People's Choice
voting in Valley Forge.  Bravo!)

All the best,
Blake J. Discher, President
VINTAGE TRIUMPH REGISTER