Re: [6pack] Slow fuel pump leak

To: jsvannorman@gmail.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] Slow fuel pump leak
From: DLylis@aol.com
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2007 13:33:00 EDT
John,
I have had the same experience with the fuel pump on my 3A.  I took it  apart
a second time and found something that I had not noticed when I assembled  it
the first time.  The holes in the diaphragm through which the screws  pass
are elongated enough so that some of them come over the inside edge and  allow
the fuel access to the threads on the screws.  I very carefully  installed a
new diaphragm making sure that the screws were sealed off from the  fuel.  Do
not use gasket sealer in a fuel pump as over time the fuel will  break it down
and you will find pieces in your carbs.

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L
60 TR3A TS74461LO