RE: [6pack] Hagerty

To: <photog1@aol.com>
Subject: RE: [6pack] Hagerty
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 08:27:01 -0700
        Steve:

        You may well be right, I guess I would need to go over my policy
to be certain. However, I did peruse their web page, and they say the
following:

*       Usage. Hagerty provides coverage for vehicles that are used on
an occasional basis -- e.g. club functions, exhibitions, organized
meets, tours and limited pleasure driving.
*       Storage. Collector vehicles must be stored in a fully enclosed,
locked garage when not in use.
*       Driving records. Generally, one or two minor traffic violations
or accidents are acceptable. We are not able to insure those who have
experienced major infractions such as a DUI, reckless driving or
excessive speed violations within the past 3-6 years.* All household
driving records are subject to review by an underwriter.
*       Regular-use vehicles. Each licensed household driver needs to
have a regular-use vehicle for daily driving and must maintain
regular-use insurance in his or her own name.

    That is what I remember - there was a vague restriction on "limited
pleasure driving" but no hard number. That is what led me to say no
mileage restriction. Heck, my regular policy on my Lincoln has a hard
number: 6500 miles per year (I get a low mileage discount). But my
recollection (always iffy) is that the Hagerty policy does not list a
specific number. The other restrictions were already discussed - another
vehicle must be your daily driver, the locked garage, etc.
    I do remember the restriction on not driving the car to work. In the
summer I cheat on that - but in the winter the car sits on blocks for 8
months, so they get a reasonable deal on the whole thing.
    If you have your policy handy, let me know. Always happy to get
straightened out on the details.

    Thanks,

    Vance