[6pack] Door Component Question

To: "Triumph 6 Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] Door Component Question
From: "Andy Schwarz" <aschwarz11@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 20:53:10 -0700
Following the renovation and installation of door parts, I have not been able
to see what purpose the "tie rod" , as the Haynes manual calls it, serves.
This is the rod that goes through the glass stop bracket at the bottom of the
door.  It somehow (and I am not sure exactly how) attaches to the "glass run
channels".  Can anyone tell me how it is supposed to be installed at the ends
and what it is supposed to do?  I do not see how it provides any rigidity to
the channels as there is a bolted bracket that seems to accomplish that.
Thanks.

Andy
70 TR6
Renton, WA